Παρασκευή 27 Μαΐου 2011

Can you forgive?


 Sir Edward Burne Jones - The tree of forgiveness 1881-1882 
National Museums Liverpool

Can you forgive?

Mark 11:25-26
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions.

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

2 Corinthians 2:9-11
The reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven--if there was anything to forgive--I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake,in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

Luke 11:4
Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.

Matthew 18:21-35
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii. He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded.His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt.
When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened.Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to.Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you? In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.

Luke 17:3
So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him (1), and if he repents, forgive him.
G.J.P. note : Not with anger,not with an egoistic way but with calmness and love

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: