Σάββατο 30 Νοεμβρίου 2013

Krishnamurti, what about his source of inspiration?



Krishnamurti, what about his source of inspiration?

The mystery can be broken down into three very distinct areas:  the discovery, the link to Maitreya, and the communication with the spirits.  On the issue of the discovery, which was covered in the last section, this dealt with his link to Leadbeater.

Leadbeater, I later discovered, was the key to Krishnamurti’s identification with the legacy of Maitreya.  Leadbeater did not just link Krishnamurti with Maitreya, but with Jesus as well.  Washington writes:
The Break  was hastened by a lawsuit brought against Besant by Krishnamurti’s father.  Steiner and his friends shared Narianiah’s view of Krishnamurti’s relationship with Leadbeater – that it brought the boy, his family and the Society into disrepute.  But to Steiner the real offence was Leadbeater’s claim that the Lord Maitreya supposedly reincarnating in Krishnamurti was the same as Jesus Christ.  

Steiner’s cosmology was christological: he regarded Christ neither as a special human being (the tendency of humanist theology), nor as merely another avatar of the world spirit, but as a unique figure in the spiritual history of the universe.  He also distinguished between the human body of Jesus and the spirit of Christ which had entered into that body for the last three years of Jesus’s life.  He was quite unable to accept the idea that Krishnamurti was the latest – and in that sense the best reappearance of the Christ Spirit in the world, or that this spirit was subordinate to the Lord of the World who resided in Shamballa (Washington 154).

Can one be blamed for being skeptical after all this controversy regarding Krishnamurti’s links to such a divinities like Maitreya and Jesus? I think not. However, much like most ironies in history, the unexpected happens.  Krishnamurti finally made the break, which it has been suggested, is the source of his credibility.
The final parting of the ways came on 2 August 1929.  At the Ommen camp that year, in front of three thousand people in a talk which was also broadcast, Krishnamurti announced his belief that ‘truth is a pathless land’ and rejected study of the occult, acceptance of authority and religious ceremonial as ways to spiritual growth (Washington 278).

What about his source of inspiration?  Krishnamurti rarely speaks about his engagement with the beyond.

His second (and perhaps more memorable) “encounter,” according to Holroyd, was in August 1922, in Ojai (Holroyd 10).  Holroyd, in reference to Nitya’s account, wrote of Krishnamurti’s perceived union with Maitreya:
 [This apparently is Krishnamurti speaking.] When I had sat thus for some time, I felt myself going out of my body, I saw myself sitting down with the delicate tender leaves of the tree over me.  I was facing the east.  In front of me was my body and over my head I saw the Star, bright and clear.  Then I could feel the vibrations of the Lord Buddha; I beheld Maitreya and Master K.H. [Kuthumi] (Holroyd 12).

Later in Holroyd’s Krishnamurti, Krishnamurti himself speaks:
One night in India I woke up; it was a quarter past twelve, I looked at the watch.  And – I hesitated to say this because it sounds extravagant – the source of all energy had been reached.  And that had an extraordinary effect on the brain.  And also physically.  I’m sorry to talk about myself, but, you understand, literally, there was no division at all; no sense of the world of ‘me’.  You follow?  Only this sense of a tremendous source of energy (Holroyd 138).

Was it Maitreya, as Leadbeater had trained him to believe?  Was it really the “ground”? What is this source or universal energy?

A part from the work of Miguel Llora

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: