Σάββατο 5 Φεβρουαρίου 2011

Manichaean Texts from the Roman Empire by Gardner & Lieu


Quotation from the Gospel in the Greek Cologne Mani-Codex

Yet again he said:

‘All the secrets which my father gave me, I have hidden and sheltered from the sects and gentiles and indeed the world, but to you I have revealed them in accordance with the will of my most blessed father. And if he should wish me to once more, I will again reveal them to you. For the gift which was given to me by my father is very great and (rich). For if (the whole) world and all 69 men obeyed (him), I would be able, with this possession and advantage which my father has given me, to enrich them and render the wisdom sufficient for the whole world.’

Another quotation, probably also from the Gospel, in the Greek Cologne ManiCodex: 18

Again he said:

‘When my father showed favor and treated me with pity and solicitude,he sent from there my never-failing Syzygos, the complete fruit of immortality,who might ransom and redeem me from the error of those of that rule.He came to (me and) brought to me (the) noblest hope, the (redemption) 70 of immortality, true instructions and the laying on of hands from my father.He came and chose me in preference to others and set me aside, drawing me away from the midst of those of that rule in which I was brought up.’

MANICHAEAN TEXTS FROM THE ROMAN EMPIRE
edited by IAIN GARDNER AND SAMUEL N. C. LIEU
Cambridge University Press (June 14, 2004)

Ask me for the link of the book to send it in pdf
or buy it from here
http://www.amazon.com/Manichaean-Texts-Roman-Empire-Gardner/dp/0521568226

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: