Κυριακή 10 Ιουλίου 2011

Maria Callas Bohème: Si, mi chiamano Mimì...



Mi chiamano Mimμ, Mimi's aria from La Boheme

Yes, they call me Mimi,
But my name is Lucy
My history is brief
To cloth or to silk
I embroider at home or outside...
I am peaceful and happy
And it is my pastime
To make lilies and roses
I like these things
That have so sweet smell,
That speak of love, of spring,
That speak of dreams and of chimera
These things that have poetic names
Do you understand me?

They call me Mimi,
And why I don't know.
Alone, I make
Lunch for myself the smae.
I do not always go to mass,
But I pray a lot to the Lord.
I live alone, alone.
There is a white little room
I look upon the roofs and heaven.
By when the thaw comes
The first sun is mine
The first kiss of April is mine!
Rose buds in a vase
Leaf and leaf I watch it!
That gentle perfume of a flower!
But the flowers that I make
Ah me! they don't have odor!
About me I would not know how to tell
I am your neighbor who come unexpectedly
to bother you.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: